Monday, July 25, 2011

Raw Banana-Kiwi Ice Cream

I have a confession....I am addicted to banana soft serve. Am I alone on this?! What makes it even better is when you mix in another frozen fruit. I used kiwi, but you can use anything! Strawberry, pineapple, papaya, mango, peach or our personal favourite...blueberries!

What you need:

3 bananas, sliced and frozen
3 kiwis, sliced and frozen
A splash of water

Pulse in a food processor to get it going (or in blender). Blend until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a flat container and freeze. Stir every 15 minutes until desired consistency. 

Cool, creamy and collected...


This is what I'm living on this summer! It's so healthy and so yums!!

15 comments:

  1. I eat banana soft serve allllmost every day! Its such a good summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered this last month, and fell IN LOVE! SO AMAZING! we just made cookie dough blizzards with banana sofstserve from angela's recipe here: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/03/18/chocolate-chip-cooke-dough-blizzard/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lOVE banana soft serve. it's my favorite way to eat ice cream now :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious girls!!! Perfect for these hot summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying for banana soft serve - the best vegan summer treat ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried it with kiwi before, but it looks tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is torture! Bananas have been $3.50 each for months and months - eight months at least - and so it's been forever since I had banana softserve! I like to make mine with Reese's peanut butter cups... oopsnotraw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to cool down in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made some of this tonight. It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made banana and peach- YUM!! This was my first time using frozen bananas to make "soft serve" and I'm glad I found your suggestion to use other fruits too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I made my husband banana soft serve last week and he loved it! He said it was much better than ice cream (dairy) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, my problem is that I hate bananas. I'd love to make some vegan ice cream. Any ideas for substitutions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmmmmmmmm delicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks really delicious plus it's easy to make so there's no excuse for me not to try it.

    ReplyDelete