Saturday, July 23, 2011

Muffy and Friends' Strawberry Snackeroodles!

We love Arthur it was our favourite show growing up (we still watch it now and then when it's on shhhh). This episode WOULD be one of our favourites because it involves creating a recipe and lord knows we love doing that.

We made Muffy's Strawberry Snackeroodles! They were surprisingly good considering they are gluten-free and vegan and we got the recipe from a cartoon....Just make sure you give everyone who helps you make these credit, or else drama will ensue....



1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp ground flax
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 bananas, mashed (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla
about 10 strawberries, chopped
1/2 peach, chopped
a small handful each of raisins, dry roasted peanuts and chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and bananas, sugar, vanilla and water in a large bowl. Slowly add in dry mixture and dump in mix-ins. Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes.

Chewy chewy treat!

Banana was my idea! Without me there would be no banana!


On another, more healthy note...One of my co-workers gave me some cucumbers from her garden....does anyone have any ideas on what we should make with them? 


We submitted these little guys to Ricki's Wellness Weekends, submit your own recipes too!

10 comments:

  1. Fresh couscous salad, it's awesome. It's my friend's uncle's recipe!

    I can't tell how big those are, but take the equivalent of one grocery store sized cuke, five tomatoes (any kind), and one medium sized onion and puree them all in a food processor. It'll be liquidy. Add 1/2 c lemon juice and 1/2 c olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. I've actually made this with only 1/4 c olive oil, 'cause I thought 1/2 c was excessive, and it worked. Throw in about 2 cups of uncooked couscous and leave it for a couple hours in the fridge. You. Will. Crave. This. Frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the healthy cookie recipe here with brown rice and oats! love that its gluten free and packed with healthy sweeteners like coconut and banana. yummy! were they baked?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Junia Yes they were! Did I not write the directions? omy gosh haha its looks like I forgot. I was a little too eager there I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound totally irresistible! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Recipes just posted a cucumber lime and mint agua fresca recipe recently. I made it with agave nectar instead of the called for sugar (used less too) and it was delicious! Not sure where you are, but here in Austin that agua fresca was very welcome on hot, hot Texas day. :-) Sweet looking cookies too!
    ~erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy. My son used to watch Arthur, but sadly, he thinks he is too old for it now (he's only 8 years old). I bet my daughter would watch it. I know she'd eat those cookies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Arthur! I'll be totally honest. I actively watched Arthur right up through middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these today. I changed some of the mix ins, added cinnamon, and used regular sugar. These are so good and have a great texture. These don't even taste gluten free or vegan (or from a cartoon ;) ). I really liked how the fresh fruit baked inside the cookies

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a healthy treat with banana, strawberry and peach! Lovely!
    First time here and I loved your Vegan collection. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about a cucumber and melon chilled soup!

    ReplyDelete