Thursday, March 3, 2011

Green Pea Alfredo Socca Pizza (Vegan, GF)

I have officially jumped on the socca bandwagon and can't believe I didn't do it sooner! It makes the perfect pizza crust! I was inspired by Ashley from edible perspective's post. I made my crust more thin and crispy by spreading it out thinly in a cake pan. I threw together a cauliflower based alfredo sauce that is amazing. I was eating it with a spoon after spreading it on the crust. I kind of over did it on the garlic though. For some reason I thought 4 cloves was an average amount to put in. After roasting in the oven, the garlic became sweeter and I was glad I put in the extra punch. 


Socca Crust
3/4 cup chickpea flour
3/4 water
2 tbsp olive oil


Pour into oiled cake pan. Bake on 375 F for 40 minutes. Set aside.


Cauliflower-Almond Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
1 cup steamed cauliflower
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp water
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup peeled soaked almonds
Salt and Pepper


Whizz in a blender until smooth. Spread on crust.


Pre-oven





 Top with green peas, green peppers and onions. Drizzle additional sauce on top and a sprinkling of oregano and shredded basil. Bake for 20 additional minutes or until topping are cooked through. 


Post-oven

Roasted garlic slice




21 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous pizza. That's beautiful!
    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. socca is awesome! i like to use it for sandwich "bread" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your recipes and your photos food!!! I discover your blog right now and I like it!!! I'm Vegan and I have a blog equoecoevegan.blogspot.com…come in and leave me your review about it! Bye ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a socca pizza recipe! This looks perfect :) I'm so excited to try it!

    And I'm glad I found your blog (it was one of the first that came up when I google socca pizza recipes!) so that's cool too! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vegan pizza. So green and fresh.

    I’d love for your to submit them to Vegolicious, a vegetarian food photo gallery where readers can browse beautiful photos to discover new recipes and wonderful blogs. If you would like to share this recipe with our readers please submit a photo along with a link to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very colorful. peas on a pizza, clever. i love a good socca pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I've never tried a chickpea crust (YET!)-- I happen to have chickpea flour because it's used frequently in Indian cooking! Going to try this soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks fantastic -- and the photos are so lovely on the wooden table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never thought about peas on pizza, but I love them so it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This looks amazing! I just love chickpea flour so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! The other week I had to make a choice between splurging on coconut flour or chickpeas flour, and I stupidly chose coconut flour. Silly silly! I want socca! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great, we have not made a thin and crispy socca in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! This looks so good...I'm wondering if the cauliflower sauce could be used on pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pizza looks so delicious! We love pizzas at home and it's always a challenge to make them vegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this recipe and your photos. But didn't you get mad that FreePeople stole your photos without clear copyright credit or permission??? They did the same to me and promoted my recipe (on their site) without my permission. Very illegal. I don't think they should be stealing content from bloggers without permission.

    ..your creation is sooo beautiful - you should've received more credit - (source) is not enough. I am waiting for a response from them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Kathy: yes I noticed that...seems odd to post something without giving proper credit or sourcing...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love finding new ways to use besan flour (hidden protein) - this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This pizza is Ah-mazing! What a great dinner, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious!
    I'm going to go and soak some almonds right now so that I can make this for dinner tomorrow.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete