Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apothe Cherry + Pink and Green Salad (Vegan, GF)

My favourite season is here! So here's a yummy fruity salad in celebration. This is pretty much a Green-Smoothie in salad form. Hey what can I say?! I didn't feel like blending today...:P Purium Health Products sent us a bottle of their Apothe Cherry Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate. I have a confession: ever since doing this candida diet I've missed fruit sooo much! And I've recently started eating it again, fruit is just so convenient for snacks, salads and smoothies. I'm glad to eat fruit again. I may try the candida diet in the summer, and found it really did work for me but seriously could not LIVE without fruit. Apothe Cherry Juice Concentrate is very low in sugar, so this was a good juice to drink while transitioning back into sweeter foods.


Apothe Cherry is also good for adding to smoothies, puddings, and applesauce. After reading the information about this product on their site, I couldn't believe how powerful tart cherries actually are, I never really considered them to be one of the top anti-oxidants out there until now. 


Jenn has been obsessed with frozen sour cherries for a while (it's one of those phases). So I went to visit her one weekend, and gave them a try they were sooo sour! But since she's been really cutting back on sugar, they actually tasted sweet to her. I still think they are super sour especially after drinking this juice, it starts off sour but then you start liking how healthy it tastes.


I drank a glass before going to singing lessons and my throat felt refreshed and open. I've always noticed that drinking tart/sour juice before singing helps a lot, so I will be taking this juice before singing from now on :).


You put the cherry in the coconut, and eat it on a salad.


You put the cherry in the coconut make you feel better!


You drink Apothe Cherry Concentrate and call me in the morning ooo ooo,




1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
4 strawberries
Mixed greens (I used Mache greens)
Chia seeds (topper)


Dressing:
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut cream (open unshaken can of coconut milk, it's what's sitting on top)
1 tbsp Apothe Cherry Concentrate (you could also use fresh cherries/berries)
Few drops of stevia or other sweetener of choice


Combine melted coconut oil, coconut cream, sweetener and Cherry Concentrate in small bowl. Whisk until combined. Drizzle on top of salad. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Yummm that salad looks so colorful and delicious! I love spring/summer food! It's so refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i love the picture captions :P
    looks very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful salad! It makes me think of springtime, even though it's autumn here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this is a beautiful salad! I got here from Health Freak Food. I wanted to let you know that they must set your page in a frame, since their URL, not yours, is not the one that is showing. I’m going to mention this to them and express my displeasure. I think it’s a great site (I’ve just discovered it) but they should direct traffic to you fully. (Perhaps you might want to email them?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sarah: haha actually we're the ones running healthfreakfood, lol. I know I need to figure out how to get rid of the healthfreakfood URL when you click on the pages. Do you have any idea how to do that? I'm going to contact my web hoster this weekend about it. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to try this dressing! The salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious!! What a great idea :) Purium has pure organic coconut oil, too (FYI)..very excited to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete