Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Avocado-Lime Smoothie

Whoa man this smoothie is really good, considering it has no sugar / or banana in it! Lime and avocado go well anyway, and gives this smoothie a creamy key-lime pie taste. I noticed that stevia goes really well with lime, because lime seems much more complex than lemon (it has some existential issues to figure out haha), there's a fun, vibrant flavour there that is just lovely in smoothie form :). The lime zest is vital btw! Without it, it will taste flat.

And on top of all the yumminess, the lime actually helps to break down fat in the avocado for better digestion. What's not to love in this smoothie!

If anyone is embarking on a sugar-free cleanse/diet, check our Inner Ecology ebook, it has all sugar-free recipes (and is fruit-free except for cranberry, lemon and lime).





1/2 avocado
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
Juice of one small lime
Zest of one lime
8-10 drops stevia
Water to thin
1 ice cube

Mix ingredients together in a blender, add ice if desired. Makes one serving.
Topped with QuinWow Quinoa Crisps, I've been enjoying these a lot on my smoothies/puddings for an extra crunch.



8 comments:

  1. what a lovely smoothy! i'm very intrigued by the quinoa crisps, i'll have to get my hands on some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so good... I made one yesterday with avocado, banana, peanut butter, vanilla soy milk and orange juice...it was so thick I ate it with a spoon!! I love avocado in smoothies!!

    The Quinoa Crips intrigue me...where are you from? Wonder if they sell that around here...I'm from New-Brunswick, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That smoothie sounds delish, i love thick smoothies, it's like eating dessert :P
      we're from Ontario, and apparently they only sell these particular quinoa crisps in ontario and quebec :( but you may have another variety in New Brunswick. My roommate in uni was from NB! She couldn't wait to get back for the Acadien festival. :)

      Delete
  3. i so want to make this! avocado lime smoothie sounds delish! i love how this doesn't have banana in it (too many carbs for me since i am on sugar cleanse!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm, limE sounds so good in a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This. Looks. DELICIOUS! I'm so happy to see this on #citruslove and I'm glad to be adding you to my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) your bog looks so good too! amazing photography i'm adding you too! :)

      Delete