Friday, August 5, 2011

No-Bake Orange Pistachio Cookies

Hey everyone! I just found a post that I forgot to publish! Because I published it first at One Green Planet, whoopsies, I love finding surprise posts, they make my day :)

Actual date made: July 27th...

Jenn, my little sister (Brooke) and I are obsessed with dreams, we love having dreams, waking up from dreams, telling each other about our dreams. Just everything about 'em.

Sometimes I bring my dream world into my everyday life, drawing on the inspiration and such...

Well, last night I had a dream I was making vegan cookie dough, I guess I'm subconsciously vegan too. lol. Anyways the cookie dough in my dream had raisins, buckwheat flour and almonds in it.

After I woke up I saw it as a sign to make some vegan cookie dough, and let my intuition go crazy! whoa!

Creativeness ensued, and these little gems were the result. Pistachio and orange are amazing flavours when combined together. Love it!

1/2 cup raw blanched almonds (ground finely)
1/4 cup pistachios ground fine (mine were roasted, and you can keep the skins on)
1/3 cup oat flour
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp agave nectar (we used raw honey, sorry not strict vegans :P)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-3/4 tsp orange extract (depending on how orangey you like it)
Top with cacao nibs (this is good to balance the sweet flavour but not necessary)

Combine first four ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix with hands until it forms a malleable dough. Tear off pieces and shape into cookie shapes, top with cacao nibs. Makes 6-7 cookies. 

I'm never doubting my dreams again because these cookies are amazing, I am definitely going to make them again, maybe in a baked version. They taste very elegant and fancy with the orange essence. Very yummy stuff!

I also submitted these to Ricki's Wellness Weekends! Mosey on over there and submit your own healthy recipes!!

6 comments:

  1. i love vegan cookies! whoohoo! pistachios and cacao nibs are packed with some good flavor too :D. i've never heard of orange extract before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, so decadent sounding--and yet so healthy!! My kinda treat, for sure. (And isn't it great to have dreams that can turn into reality so easily. . . ?) ;)

    Thanks for submitting this to WW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love pistachios! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you use orange zest instead of extract?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete