Saturday, April 30, 2011

Key Lime Pie Pudding + Candida Diet Kick-Off!

We have been meaning to start an anti-Candida diet for a while now. Jac started one about a month ago but didn't end up sticking with it. Well this time we ARE sticking with it! I know 100% that I have Candida. I have all the symptoms; tired in the mid-afternoon, sensitive skin, achy muscles. And I took anti-biotics for acne a couple years ago and I haven't felt the same since then. I'm going to be following the Body Ecology Diet and Jac will be following a lesser intense Anti-Candida Diet. So we will be creating recipes based on these two diets throughout the summer! Yay!

Some of our recipes will involve eggs and fish because those foods are apart of the Body Ecology Diet. I thought about doing the diet all vegan but I just don't think I would be able to keep my energy up. Maybe later on when my system starts working better I will cut back on the animal products. (As you know we aren't entirely vegan in our personal diets but like to post vegan recipes like this one!)

So to kick off the Anti-Candida Diet, Jac made Key Lime Pie Pudding this morning and it was fantabulous! It's just like key lime pie filling. Creamy and smooth and cool! And there is a secret ingredient...frozen cucumber chunks! Sounds craaazy no? But it makes the pudding really cool and fluffy.

Tropical Treat!

Yum is the word, it's got groove, it's got feeling
1 large avocado
1/3 cup frozen peeled cucumber chunks
12 drops of liquid stevia
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1/4 tsp lime zest
1/3 cup of water

Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor of magic bullet. Top with toasted coconut. Eat!

Also the randomly selected winner from Diet, Dessert and Dogs' e-book giveaway is: Meghan.

Meghan, there's no way to contact you from your profile so please let us know your email address and I will send the e-book your way!

Thanks to everyone who submitted their yummy breakfast ideas :) It seems like oats and green smoothies were the most popular items.

18 comments:

  1. I have never thoguht to freeze cucumber .. and even then to use it in a dessert. Looks wonderful! Good luck on your journey with the anti-candida diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pudding sounds lovely! I once tried a sorbet with cucumber and lime and it was. . . okay. But I bet the avocado makes it amazingly rich and creamy!

    Congrats to Meghan. . . but didn't the original post say people could enter until May 2nd?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a pudding freak and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would this be me???? Because I checked the original post and found there was also another Meghan that posted on the 27th and I posted on the 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey meghan, whoever was the 29th comment down, I believe that's you..what is your email?? and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ricki: hey, ya it does say that...it was originally the 30th of April, i guess my sis changed it without telling me :O...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that would be me. my e-mail is beautifulxedge@gmail.com and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love key-lime pudding! I am trying this immediately - especially because I'm on an anti-candida diet currently too.... so I'm looking forward to all the recipes you guys come up with! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are about to start our family on the Body Ecology Diet as well. I am so excited to see what you all come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so excited you're doing anti-candida! I've been doing it for 3 weeks and I need some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I was the first Meghan to comment and got so excited until I read the comments that it wasnt me! Lol oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm going to make this for my husband -- he LOVES limes and avocadoes. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO curious about the cucumber here... hmm. is it just for texture?? bookmarking this with cookmarked.com can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This pudding look wonderfully green and delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds fantastic, I've never seen an avocado pudding with cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delish! :) I love avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Candida Diet Solution’home of the most amazing depression, mental fog, aching joints, terrible PMS and random pains in my muscle just to name a few.I had no idea what could be the source of my health troubles. Like many others, I got no help from my doctor, and only after years of suffering I finally got my hands on your book. It’s great and very informative.
    Candida Diet Solution

    ReplyDelete