Saturday, March 10, 2012

Juice Pulp Veggie Burgers + Blueberry-Kiwi Swirl Fro-Yo


So I always seem to have a surplus of juice pulp in the fridge and it's such a shame to put it to waste, so I made these amazing veggie burgers with a base of juice pulp (kale, celery and carrot), mushrooms and ground almonds! So they're grain-free for anyone cutting grains from their diet.

You need:

1 cup juice pulp
1 cup aduki beans (or black beans, or any other bean for that matter)
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp tamari
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms (I used 6 mini portobellos)
1 1/3 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of water (add more water if it needs a little help processing)

Blend up the beans until smooth add in juice pulp, mushrooms, tahini and tamari. Blend until smooth. Add in ground almonds (almonds should be roughly ground). Add in spices and stir until combined. Form into patty shape (You'll get about 10 small burgers or 7 big ones). Bake in a 350F oven for 25 minutes. Top with avocado and paprika!


Nutritionals

So much texture!
These turned out amazing! So moist and flavourful, like a good veggie burger should be!


And check out this awesomely cooool blueberry-kiwi swirl frozen yogurt. Here's the breakdown:

frozen blueberries + 1/2 avocado + stevia = blueberry fro-yo = X

2 frozen kiwis + 1/2 avocado + stevia = kiwi fro-yo = Y

X + Y = Blueberry-Kiwi Swirl!


12 comments:

  1. That frozen yogurt looks pretty great! I just need an avocado, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE paprika on avocado, such a lovely smokey flavour, no? This idea for veggie burgers is great, so much easier than pulling the dehydrator out for crackers... I am so going to try this recipe :)

    Oh and the fro yo looks amazing, so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I've been making veggie burgers a lot lately, must try these! And that frozen yogurt looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the idea of making a veggie burger with juice pulp!!! that's so awesome that you save your pulp. i shamefully throw it away! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius :) Both of the reciped haha!
    Can't wait to try the froyo, it sound sooo easy. I'm happy I stumbled upon your blog )

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you think i can freeze that for later ? thanks

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Looks good. I want to try it for my kid. Just wonder: whether the bean need to be cooked or raw to blend? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I made the veggie burger recipe. It was barely ok. Glad I didn't double.
    Also, there isn't any instruction on how much to spoon out for each one.
    I thought when I read it it sounded worth a try.
    Don't waste your money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made the recipe and the burgers were so good. I replaced the tamari with coconut aminos because that is what I had. Turned out yummy 😋 thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good! I used refried black beans! Good use of pulp!

    ReplyDelete