Monday, March 14, 2011

Raw Blueberry Cream Pie Pudding (Vegan, GF)

I haven't made a pudding in a while and had a perfectly ripe and creamy avocado staring at me, so I figured it was time. I also had wild blueberries in the freezer so I made a blueberry-avocado concoction. Then I decided to make a bit of a layered parfait because I had some soaked almonds ready and some chia seeds to make blueberry jam with! I peeled the almonds so the cream would be perfectly white and I sweetened it with a bit of stevia. This was seriously amaaazing! I love having dessert for breakfast! And it's relatively low in sugar. Just the stevia and the sweetness of the blueberries. 


Blueberry-Avocado Filling:
1/2 cup blueberries
1 large avocado
6 drops of stevia
a splash of water
1/4 tsp lime/lemon juice


Blend in blender (I used my magic bullet) until whipped and creamy


Blueberry Jam:
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (defrosted)
1 tsp chia seeds
3 drops stevia


Let sit for about five minutes or until "jellied" .


Almond Cream:
1/2 cup peeled almonds
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp water
3 drops stevia


Whip in food processor until creamy.


Layer the blueberry-avocado mixture on the bottom. Next spoon on the blueberry jam and then the almond cream. Sprinkle with quinoa crunchies. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.


Quinoa crunchies can't be beat! They make each meal a special treat!

















I'm definitely making this again...Maybe a key lime pie pudding...Why am I so obsessed with pie themed puddings?


Raw Apple Pie Pudding
Almost Raw Banana Cream Pie Pudding
Pumpkin Pie Pudding


-Jennifer

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and looks delicious! I cannot wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks fab. how many servings will the recipe make? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I encourage more pie-themed pudding experiments. The results look pretty fantastic in this case. I'd love to see your key lime variation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robyn: it makes enough for one serving. It will fill a 2 cup size glass...

    @VeganLisa: I'm definitely making a Key-Lime Pie Pudding. Watch out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!! I just came across your blog and I really love it :) The pictures are grea,t and I love the ingredients you use! I have bookmarked a couple already...can't wait to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO want to try this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMMMMM,...What a great & alternative tasty dessert, all layered up!

    Looks so amazing!! Beautiful appetizing pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pie-themed puddings are the BEST! This looks amazing!! :-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Looks sooo good. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I'm a beginner raw foodie, and this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A food processor would have been best for the almond cream per your instruction as I discovered there is too little substance for the Vitamix to blend and Magic Bullet cannot cream it up fine enough. I used (1) large avocado....and it turned out green, tasting like avocado. I doubled the berries to remedy that. Next time I would start with 1/2 avocado and blend in more as necessary. In the end it created 2 servings of a satisfying dessert-breakfast that kept me full 6-7 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete