Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raw Green Soup (Vegan, GF)

Jenn and I were whizzing through our posts the other day and realize that we post alot of purees! haha We laughed about that fact for a good 4 minutes, it's true pretty much every second thing we do is a puree of some sort. Lol. Oh well might as well continue the trend. I'm (Jac) kinda on an anti-sugar kick, and you know what, I feel much better not having sugar cravings. Seriously if you can make it past one day without sugar you will GREATLY reduce your cravings. So while I love my fruity green smoothies I must sub all my meals now with something savoury. Cue the green soup! These types of soups are easily digestible, highly alkaline and delicious! This soup is for those who love greens, if you don't, you probably will not enjoy this as much.





1 small avocado
2 handfuls of greens of your choice (I used half arugula, half spinach)
Squeeze of lemon or lime
1 scallion, chopped
1 small clove of garlic
Water, to thin
1 tsp dill, or other herb of choice (cumin would be good as well)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 tsp psyllium husk (optional, will make extra thick)

Add all ingredients into a blender, blend until combined and smooth. Adjust or add flavourings/seasonings as needed. Makes 1 large serving.

9 comments:

  1. raw smoothie soup! sounds like something I'd like for dinner. I lovelove lemon with avocado. And psyllium husk is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so creamy and nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a healthful soup! I bet it could be used as a dip too-maybe?! I might try it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I've been house-sitting for my parents for the past week and ahve been without my (still relatively bnew) Vita-Mix. I cannot WAIT to get back home and whip up this soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish.... must try this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This looks heavenly. Your food always looks so clean and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great, kind of like guacamole soup. I like the idea of adding psyllium husk to a green soup to thicken it- then again, I've never tried psyllium husk so I'm not sure how it would taste. But it sounds great in theory!
    It's so true that sugar cravings dissipate much faster than you would think possible. I've been taking my blog in a sugar-free direction recently which is reminding me of how unhealthy sugar is, so I've pretty much cut it out. After a day or so sugar has been completely unappealing to me, and normally I have the biggest sweet tooth ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to try it! xo Laura @healthiveg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very healthful and tasty...thanks!

    ReplyDelete