Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Raw Caesar Salad Dressing (Vegan, GF)

I know caesar salad dressing is already raw, but at least this one doesn't have eggs in it! Super simple too.

Raw Caesar Salad Dressing

1/2 cup soaked and peeled almonds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp olive oil
juice 1/2 of a lemon
4 tbsp water (or until desired consistency)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


Whiz ingredients in a blender until smooth (this makes about 3/4 cup of dressing)



Yummy yummy doesn't it look like a legit caesar salad? For the croutons I used brown rice bread (which is gluten-free). I cut the bread into cubes and drizzled olive oil on them and put them in the oven on broil until they were golden. I also put in chickpeas for protein :) 

-Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! this dressing sounds fantastic! I like the taste of caesar dressing, but I don't usually like the ingredients. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete